The gear pump is composed of a pump body, gears, shafts, safety valves, seals, etc. The seal is composed of a packing seal and a mechanical seal. The packing seal is better for disassembly and assembly, and the mechanical seal structure is more complicated. Pay attention to disassembly and assembly. Sheng Hui pump industry has more than 20 years of gear pump research and development experience, share the precautions when disassembling the mechanical seal of the gear pump.
1. Before installing the mechanical seal of the gear pump, check whether all the sealing elements are intact. If there is any damage, stop the installation and replace it with a new one.
2. When disassembling the mechanical seal of the gear pump, it is not allowed to strike with a wooden hammer or iron to prevent the static ring from being broken.
3. The mechanical seal of the gear pump is suitable for cleaning medium without particles. The newly installed gear pump pipeline should be cleaned before use to avoid mixing of small particles and other debris into the mechanical seal and wear the seal.
4. The mechanical seal of the gear pump should be washed frequently when encountering materials that are easy to crystallize, especially the crystals on the end surface of the mechanical seal should be washed out when the machine is shut down and restarted.
5. If it is difficult to remove the mechanical seal in case of dirt, it should be rinsed first and slowly disassembled, not forcibly.
6. When the gear pump is assembled with a mechanical seal, the tightening bolts should be evenly fixed to avoid deviation seal failure.
7. When installing the mechanical seal, the compression of the spring on it should not be too tight or too loose.
Note: The installation of the mechanical seal of the gear pump, screw pump or centrifugal pump should follow the above operation.